Thursday, October 9, 2008

Replica

For my Computer Image Making class each student had to replicate an ad. They had to use their own photos and find all the correct fonts and combine it in Photoshop.
Here is the original ad.


Here is my ad.


In recreating this picture, I had a friend of mine, James Ebenstein, volunteer to get tied up and go down to Maplewood Lake in Jenison. I set the camera on a tripod and ran back over to him and pushed him over and smiled. Then i drove over to the local grocery store and grabbed a picture of a car that looked similar to the one in the ad. By the time i got home it was getting dark and i had a wonderful opportunity to take a picture of a sunset. All these pictures i combined in photoshop. That night i spent multiple hours cutting out selections, resizing, and distorting shapes. I then color corrected each item separately and then all together in the end with an adjustment layer to make everything look cohesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment