Saturday, September 17, 2011

Far Dark Fields (Braunbeck, 2009)




































I will say that i love Gary A. Braunbeck's prose. Its very emotional and well thought out; the imagery is great. This was a joy to read. But..Is it just me or did at the beginning of the book the main character start out on a quest? and then half-way in, he just goes on a tangent that he never comes back from and leaves the story hanging in the nearer end of that story-tangent?

It doesn't really affect the enjoyability of the novel, it just left me confused as the significance of the first part of the story

Now, i might sound a bit now like my stickler movie friends that argue about plot holes and the plausibility of situations and where a character "would have never done that." In those situations i tend to take a more "Braunbeck" look at the movie. In movies, I focus on the dialogue, situations, and imagery. As long as the plot holes aren't glaring then I'll over-look them.

So its still a good novel, but if you're a stickler like i mentioned then you this novel is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment