Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Darkest Night of the Year (2008, Koontz)



I am not a follower of Dean Koontz. That being said, I have read some random books by him. The first was in middle school, where I read Whisperers. This was the first real book that I had read, and mostly the one that felt like a real book, a real experience. Then I read Servants of Twilight, I felt the ending was a a slight let down. But, man, was the getting there exciting. Then i started to read Phantoms, and it went down hill from there.
Not that it was bad or un-entertaining, but because ADD or ADHD had kicked in and a sentence would ignite a flurry of memories and ideas; most of the time, not worth the pipe dreams that lit up my brain. Most of the books were probably blew out the side of a fast moving vehicle.
The gold retriever aspect, which i should say dog aspect, because the empathy is there with all dogs and animals. This book proves that Dean Koontz is warranted in his popularity. Although, I am not sure how much of this is his editors, and what is him, Because he writes so G D M that it's insane, I can only fathom, if he does churn out as much as it seems, the writing day he has, everyday, everyday, everyday. is as supernatural as his fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment